The foundation of any Program designed to help CONTROL Medical Costs should be to AVOID them. This is accomplished with Education and our state-of-the-art Wellness Program.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 86% of annual health care expenditures are for the treatment of chronic disease. Chronic disease is responsible for 81% of all hospital admissions; 91% of filled prescriptions; and 76% of doctor visits. A significant portion of these expenditures can be prevented, delayed or alleviated by eliminating three risk factors: poor diet, inactivity and smoking. This could result in the elimination of 80% of heart attacks and strokes; 80% of type 2 diabetes; and 40% of cancers.
If, as expected, participation in Health Excellence Plus leads to the reduction of shareable medical expenses through preventive care and healthy living, monthly share contributions can be maintained or minimally increased. (Sedera Health, which administers the medical cost-sharing program, was actually able to DECREASE monthly share contributions in 2015.) In contrast, premiums for ACA plans that cover the 10 Minimum Essential Benefits have increased significantly since 2014.
These Products and Services are provided by My Academy of Health Excellence and MPowering Benefits:
- Single Point of Access for Services
- Fully Integrated Health and Wellness Program
- Wellness Assessment Program (health risk assessment to inform you are your current health status)
- QR For Life Code for Emergencies and Personal Medical Vault
- WellFit Community (on-line forum for blogs and group interaction)
- Twelve Habits of Highly Healthy People
- Artificial Intelligence Based on Functional Medicine (health risk assessment, personalized recommendations, and coaching service)
- Online Resource Center (webinars, podcasts, interviews with experts, newsletters and e-books)
Everyone is unique and different. By participating in this program and engaging with your Wellness Coordinator, we can help you identify the particular area of health and wellness most important to you and customize a program to help reach your goals.
We believe that the # 1 Reason people don’t reach their health goals is the everyday interruptions of life.
Our Wellness Coordinators use a multi-touch outreach program to engage members with
- The MyAHE Secure Members Communication Portal,
- Secure Audio and Video Connections,
- Direct Mail, Email Campaigns, Text Messaging,
- “Health Excellence Newsletter”
- Webinars and Seminars
- and the MyAHE Mobile Application.
These efforts serve to remind members of their commitments and to keep them engaged.